Spring Into 2014
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for our 2014 Accelerator Program. We are excited to expand build on the following successes we achieved in 2013:
- Expanding the Cleantech Open’s reach to Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
- Attracting sixty-four cleantech companies to apply to our accelerator program.
- Working with twenty-four semi-finalist teams between June and November.
- Hosting a two-day Annual Innovation Summit in Washington, DC, which garnered over 200 attendees from 7 states and an exhibit hall of over 25 representing organizations.
- Naming five regional finalist winners (learn more about each of the finalists here).
- Sending each of the regional finalists to the Cleantech Open’s Global Investment Forum to compete for a national grand prize of $200,000.
- Witnessing one of our regional finalists (Bio-Adhesive Alliance) win the Green Building category and come in third place for the national grand prize!
We want to continue to work with the best and brightest cleantech entrepreneurs in the Southeast! Please take note of our upcoming launch events and other networking opportunities and submit your application for the 2014 program today!
Five cleantech startups were named finalists at the 2013 Southeast Region Finals
The five finalist companies were selected from among 20 companies founded by innovative cleantech entrepreneurs that entered the Southeast regional accelerator of the Cleantech Open this year. Tampa, Fla.-based, Trash 2 Cash Energy, received both finalist and sustainability awards. Knoxville, Tenn.-based Fiveworx received a finalist award. Three finalists – Bio- Adhesive Alliance Inc., Nova Synthetix and Tethis – are located in North Carolina and the Research Triangle Park area.
About the Cleantech Open
The Cleantech Open is a not-for-profit organization that runs the world’s largest accelerator for cleantech startups. Our mission is to find, fund and foster entrepreneurs with big ideas that address today’s most urgent energy, environmental and economic challenges. With eight active regions across the US, our ultimate goal is to have these connections be truly global where a startup based in Minneapolis can receive mentoring from an expert in Denver – or Paris, license its technology to a strategic partner in Texas – or Delhi, and receive capital from Boston, Sand Hill Road, or a corporate investor anywhere in the world. The Cleantech Open provides the platform for that kind of interaction and visibility. Learn more.
Become a Sponsor
The Cleantech Open Southeast is grateful for the generous support of our sponsors and partners who have made the Accelerator possible. We encourage companies, institutions and individuals to reap the benefits of sponsorship while giving innovative clean technology businesses the opportunity to succeed in the marketplace. For a list of current sponsors, please click here.
There are many benefits to being a sponsor of the Cleantech Open. We are happy to meet with you to discuss your involvement in our organization. For more information about sponsorship opportunities, please contact us.
Want to watch some videos on Cleantech? Check out future360.tv. We’ve posted one on What Is Cleantech?